Our message to the United Nations was successful ( http://dramateaching.com/speechtoun.mp3 ) and they gave us enough resources to continue our rescue mission. We have now re-built the village that was damaged by the flood:
Click on an image to enlarge it.
Our parents were invited to come and look at the wonderful work we have been doing in the rainforest. Some parents even became 'actors' and recorded a voice -over for the film we are making.
The flood has cut off some animals from the rest of the Rainforest. It is our job as a rescue team to catch the animals humanely and relocate them to the main forest. Today we made traps and machines to catch the animals safely. Below are our instructions for using our machines/traps.
How to catch a Jaguar
1. First dig a giant hole.
2. Next put a medium sized cage in the hole.
3. After that put soft cushions in the cage.
4. Then put some sticks and leafs on top of the cage.
5. Later put a dead juicy Deer on top the leafs and sticks.
6. Once the Jaguar is in the cage get a truck and the truck will take the cage out.
7. Finally the truck will take the Jaguar to the rainforest.
How do you catch a frog?
1. First you get a big box.
2. Then you camouflage the box by with some seaweed, leaves and rocks.
3. After that open the lid.
3. Next put bait in the bottom of the box. The bait could be worms or bugs.
4. After that put a heavy rock, worms and insects in the box so that it sinks.
5. Once the frog is in the box then you close the lid using the string.
6. Finally you put the box in the van.
How to catch a lizard
1. First you dig a big hole.
2. Then you put a cage in it.
3. Next you put some crickets in the cage.
4. After that you wrap the netting around the cage.
5. Afterwards you slide the door back and wait for the little lizard to come.
6. Once the lizard is in the cage you close the door.
7. Finally lift the cage up and put it in the van.
How to catch a snake
1. Get a box and put some Delicious meat in it (like a mouse).
2. make sure there is a tube for the snake to hide in
3. Camouflage yourself so you don’t scare the snake.
4. Wait until the snake crawls into the box.
5. close the door behind the snake.
6. get a fork lift truckand drive it to a safe part of the rainforest.
7. Finally release the snake from the box.
HOW DO YOU CATCH A SPIDER?
1. First you need a fly and a bird.
2. Next you put them in the cup.
3. Then you put a piece of paper under the cup.
4. After that you wait until the spider arrives and goes into the cup.
5. Finally you take the spider away from the flood.