Your homework question (timed). Spend 30 minutes writing it based on today's session:
“In a narrative, there is usually a hero or heroine, a protagonist, on whose fate the readers’ interest in the story principally rests”
Write about the significance of protagonists in the text.
Discussion might focus on the ways characters are created:
· through authorial or narratorial description
· through the ways they speak
· through what other characters say about them
· through their actions, attitudes and behaviour
· through what is not said – the gaps in texts
· through the places in which they reside
· through their relationships with others
· through the structures of the narrative.
Good luck with your mock exams this week, Year 12.
A wedding is a social celebration of the natural order and new beginnings. Why is it significant that the mariner tells his story to a wedding guest? Would the moral of the story be changed if the mariner had told his tale to the groom or bride? Comment below:
Jacob and Joe's notes on The Threshold as a setting and a theme. (Download as a word document).